Smart Investing with SFA
By keeping a few points in mind, SFA can help you become a successful investor:
- Know your risk/reward tolerance. By evaluating your goals for investment return, and establishing your risk limits, you and SFA will be better able to design an investment portfolio best suited for your needs.
- Diversify your holdings. Today's market offers a multitude of investing sectors and styles. You can choose from equity/fixed-income, domestic/international, and growth/value securities, as well as from small- to mid- to large-capitalization investments. By diversifying, you minimize the negative effect of any given market sector while seeking to maximize your return. SFA will identify for you the investment vehicles that will allow you to achieve diversification. Diversification does not assure a profit or protect against a loss in declining markets.
- Keep a long-term perspective. Structure your portfolio with your long-term goals in mind: building savings for retirement, a new home, or your children's college education. A smart investor will not overreact to market downturns, but rather stick to their game plan. SFA will can help you evaluate your game plan and keep you informed of new products or developments that would affect your game plan.
- Invest your money systematically. By doing this, you will benefit from reducing the average cost of your investment over time. Systematic investing can be done on a monthly, quarterly, semiannual, or annual basis. It is done without regard to market swings. SFA will walk you through all the necessary paperwork to establish a periodic plan. Systematic investment plans do not assure a profit or protect against a loss in declining markets. Such plans involve continuous investment regardless of market conditions. Markets will fluctuate and you must consider your ability to continue investing during periods of low price levels.
- Keep SFA updated on an on going basis. This will allow us to make appropriate changes to your portfolio. In addition, call us anytime and we will be able to give you current market values and review you portfolio performance. Please see our Contact Web page, by depressing the telephone icon above, for information on how to reach us. If you e-mail SFA or leave a telephone message, we are usually able to get back in touch with you within 24 hours.
Schedule a consultation today
We’re easy to get ahold of (and easy to work with!) Get in touch for a commitment-free consultation.